No products in the cart.
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Xeljanz 5 mg Tofacitinib Tablets
- Brand: Pfizer Inc.
Brand Name: Xeljanz
Composition: Tofacitinib 5mg
Manufactured by: Pfizer Inc.
Packing: Pack of 60 Tablets
Country of Origin: USA
Product added! Browse Wishlist
The product is already in the wishlist! Browse Wishlist
Xeljanz Tablet Uses
- Xeljanz (Tofacitinib) is indicated for the treatment of adult patients with moderately to severely active rheumatoid arthritis who have had an inadequate response or intolerance to methotrexate. It may be used as monotherapy or in combination with methotrexate or other nonbiologic disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs (DMARDs).
- Xeljanz should not be used in combination with biologic DMARDs or with potent immunosuppressants such as azathioprine and cyclosporine.
Dosage Forms & Strengths
Xeljanz is provided as 5 mg Tofacitinib tablets. Manufactured by Pfizer, Xeljanz is a round, white, immediate-release, film-coated tablet with “Pfizer” on one side, and “JKI5” imprinted on the other side.
What are the Ingredients in Xeljanz 5 mg?
Active ingredient: Tofacitinib citrate
Inactive ingredients: croscarmellose sodium, HPMC 2910/Hypromellose 6cP, lactose monohydrate, macrogol/PEG3350, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, titanium dioxide, and triacetin.
How to Take Xeljanz Tablet?
- Take Xeljanz 5 mg, 2 times a day with or without food.
- Swallow Xeljanz tablets whole and intact. Do not crush, split, or chew.
- If you are taking too much more than prescribed, call your healthcare provider or go to the nearest hospital emergency room right away.
Xeljanz Safety Concerns
Consider the risks and benefits of treatment before initiating Xeljanz in patients:
- with chronic or recurrent infection;
- who have been exposed to tuberculosis (TB);
- with a history of a serious or an opportunistic infection;
- who have lived or traveled in areas of endemic TB; or
- with underlying conditions that may predispose them to infection.
Use in Pregnancy
There are no adequate and well-controlled studies in pregnant women and the estimated background risks of major birth defects and miscarriage for the indicated population is unknown. Based on animal studies, Tofacitinib has the potential to affect a developing fetus. Women with reproductive potential should use effective contraception during treatment with Xeljanz and for at least 4 weeks after the last dose. Contact your health care provider if you become pregnant or are suspected of being pregnant during treatment with Xeljanz.
Before taking Xeljanz tablet, tell your healthcare provider if you plan to breastfeed or are breastfeeding. You and your healthcare provider should decide if you will take Xeljanz or breastfeed. You should not do both.
How to Store Xeljanz 5 mg?
- Store at 20°C to 25°C (68°F to 77°F).
- Safely throw away medicine that is out of date or no longer needed.
- Keep Xeljanz and all medicines out of the reach of children. /li>
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.